So guys it is March first week and it is time for Week 1 tip; it is a simplest of the tips and easiest to follow – Drink plenty of water so let us follow it…
The human body can last weeks without food, but only days without fluid. It has no way to store the fluid it needs to replenish the blood, in order for body functions to work properly, to make up for losses from lungs, skin, urine and faeces. Fluid regulates your body’s temperature through perspiration, the kidney removes waste via urine and carries nutrients and other substances throughout the body.
Fresh supplies of fluid are needed every day, however, there is no set amount to drink each day to avoid dehydration. Water is the recommended fluid to satisfy thirst and is nature’s choice. It is calorie-free, inexpensive and readily available and choosing to drink water instead will have a positive impact on your health. It can also contain fluoride which is good for teeth.
Listen to your thirst – and keep in mind that the right level of fluid intake for any individual depends on many factors including gender, exercise, climate, health conditions, pregnancy and breastfeeding. People who have already had a kidney stone are advised to drink 2.5 to 3 litres (8 glasses) of water daily to lessen the risk of forming a new stone.
Drinking water also has other advantages like:
1. Prevention of Kidney Stones.
2. Drinking plenty of water is great for your skin.
3. Another benefit of drinking water is that it makes your muscles stronger. That’s because water carries oxygen to the cells of your body, including those of your muscles.
4. Drinking water can increase your cognitive function. Your brain needs a lot of oxygen in order to function at optimum levels. Drinking plenty of water ensures that your brain gets all the oxygen it needs.
5. One of the lesser known benefits of drinking water is that it helps keep your joints strong, healthy and lubricated